We can’t do it alone
Volunteers are invaluable to our work. Join us on our weekly Friday work parties and weekend work parties. No experience required.
Make new friends and find tranquility in an outdoor environment.
We need your help with articles for the newsletter, fundraising and clerical work too.
What We Do
- Work to protect wildlife and the countryside
- Manage and maintain nature areas within East Keswick Parish
- Foster a better understanding and appreciation of conservation and wildlife
- Involve local children, local schools, local uniformed groups, and Duke of Edinburgh students.
- Manage our flock of Hebridean and Soay sheep for conservation of grassland
- Carry our surveys of nature in the region and publish the results
- Raise funds for local conservation projects,
- Promote enjoyment of the countryside
- Organise events and courses
Our weekly Friday work party, comprises of a team of local volunteers and one paid contractor, who help to manage our reserves and forms a strong community workforce with school children and pensioners working along side one another. The group makes regular visits to other reserves in our locality to compare management strategies, and also organises holidays together. We have our own flock of rare breed Hebridean and Soay sheep which we use for conservation grazing. Volunteers learn how to look after the flock and move them between our reserves.
The Trust works with local groups of Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts from East Keswick and surrounding villages. Every year, they are actively involved in the management of our reserves, learning about the fragile environment and enjoy the outdoor activities in beautiful surroundings. We also work with both Collingham and Bardsey Primary Schools on woodland and community projects. For details see or events calendar, the Members biannual newsletter, the Parish Magazine.
If you cannot find the information you are looking for or have a question about volunteering with East Keswick wildlife Trust, please contact us using the general details on our Contact Page