Personal information and what the Trust does with it.
The Trustees of the EKWT need personal information about members of the Trust in order to communicate with members about the Trust’s activities, collect subscriptions, etc.
In legal terms the Trustees are the data controllers in respect of this information. This means the Trustees need to tell members about the personal information we have about members and what are members’ rights in relation to this information. The personal information we hold for members can be summarised as follows:
- Your name and the names of other family members when your subscription is a joint or family membership.
- Your contact details (which may include your personal address, telephone number and email address).
The Trustees do not hold any bank account details for you.
All this personal information has been provided directly by members. On this basis we should be grateful if you would contact the Trust as soon as possible if there are any changes in your personal information so we can update our records accordingly. The Trust does not share your personal information with any other organisations and would not do so without asking your consent.
The Trustees need to keep your personal information, with your consent, as long as you are a member so that we can communicate effectively with you as appropriate and for 12 months after you have ceased to be a member in case we need to contact you on a Trust matter immediately after you have ceased to be a member.
Members have rights in relation to the personal information the Trust has about its members. Members have the right to:
- Make a request to have personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and completed if it is incomplete.
- Ask to have your personal information erased.
- Request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how the Trustees process it.